The Choucas range is our heritage harness: designed in 2012, we have improved it over the years to launch this fourth version acclaimed by mountain guides.
Much lighter (142g in S) and more compact than other classic mountaineering harnesses, this latest version is still comfortable with its wide waist belt. It is the ultimate alpine harness for competitions, ski touring and glacier approach.
Its features and equipment make it the ideal harness with its four large gear loops, two ice screw slots on the waist belt and two more on the leg loops. You can put it on with your feet on the ground, with skis or crampons, and easily adjust the tightening at the waist, thanks to its new waist speed buckle.
• Large and comfortable waist belt and leg loops
• Four large gear loops
• Two ice screw slots on waist belt
• Two ice screw slots on leg loop
• Waist speed buckle
• Full strength "magic ring" belay loop
• Patented leg loops opening
• Adjustable and replaceable rear elastic
• Ultralight weight: 142g (S), 148g (M), 154g (L), 160g (XL)
• Dimensions waist/leg: S (59-78cm/55-75cm), M (69-88cm/60-80cm), L (77-98cm/65-85cm), XL (89-108cm/70-90cm).
• Material: UHMW polyethylene, high tenacity PES, Aircraft-grade aluminum, acetal buckles, monofilament polyamide
• Conform to the CE/EN 12277 type C climbing harness certification
• UIAA certified
• Designed in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
• Ideal for Mountaineering, Ski Touring
• PPE: return not allowed
The choucas is my favourite harness whwn I`m guiding. Light and pure function.
Good choice for skiing