The Akila is the first B/Type 1 ice axe to achieve such high level of technicality in the ultralight category. The shape of its chromoly steel ergonomic head is studied for optimal anchoring regardless of the surface. Its adze provides a wide enough blade to quickly clear snow to place your ice screw. The Akila is quite short (49cm), ultralight (330g) and compact to be easily stored inside a backpack.
It is the ideal tool for climbers/skiers who want to climb faster and lighter with a very technical and robust ice axe.
• Chromoly steel ergonomic head
• Aircraft grade anodized, sandblasted aluminum curved shaft
• Dual-textured grip
• Pick, adze and spike protectors included
• Weight: 330g (49cm)
• Type 1/B
• Conform to the CE / EN 13 089 ice axes certification
• Designed & assembled in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
• Ideal for Mountaineering, Ski touring, High-Alpine Skiing
• PPE: return not allowed
Hello, why is not this ice axe also manufactured in 54 cm?
The Akila is my favourite allround and every day guiding ice axe.
Très efficace malgré leur légerté.
La bonne longueur.
Plus d'hésitation à le mettre sur le sac, et même en prendre un deuxième en cas de doute.
Akila Adze - Technical Ice Axe