The Choucas Light is an ultralight harness designed for ski mountaineering. Weighing just 84g, it is one of the lightest and most compact harness on the market.
Its simple and minimalist design ensures comfort and practicality: it has two gear loops and ice screw keepers as well as a convenient and fast leg loops opening system allowing it to be put on even with skis or ice crampons on.
This ultralight, technical and comfortable harness is ideal for technical mountaineering and alpinism.
It is UIAA certified for ski mountaineering competitions. Mountaineer Andrzej Bargiel made history with this harness when he descended the K2 on skis.
• Can be put on/off with skis/crampons on
• Tying loops, with adjustable clip backup
• Independent leg loops opening system with secured aluminum buckles
• Two gear loops
• Two ice screw keepers
• Minimal weight: 84g (S), 89g (M), 93g (L), 95g (XL)
• How to choose the right size for you? The Choucas Light fits a little small. Also, it can be put over pants or under (with the tying loops left outside the pants). Please choose your size accordingly. In doubt or if your waist/legs dimensions are in between two sizes, we recommend you to choose the bigger size.
• Dimensions Waist/Legs : S (70/83 cm - 45/55 cm) M (80/93 cm - 50/60 cm) L (90/103 cm - 55/65 cm) XL (100/113 cm - 60/70 cm)
• Webbing: UHMW polyethylene, polyamide, Aircraft-grade aluminum leg buckles
• Conform to the CE/EN 12277 type C climbing harness certification
• UIAA certified
• Ideal for mountaineering, ski touring and ice climbing
• PPE: return not allowed
Choucas Light Harness
The Choucas Light is a non compromise race oriented and serious fast&light "ski - alpinism” harness.
You neither feel it on your waist and legs when you speed up or climb up in a race suit, and you wear it in an average timeframe of 20”..
Extremely packable and light, it suits amazingly non just "race people" but also steep skiers and fast&light mountaineers. Warmly suggested for everyone’s pack, as a “just in case - emergency” tool, or for mountain professionals and fast&light high level mountaineers, as a stand alone harness for alpine pursuits.
Compared to is “heavier” older brother Choucas, it could not be the best tools in BlueIce harnesses family to climb on hard routes, where fall down is not just an eventuality, but there is no tools in the world suitable at 100% for all your needs.
You need to get familiar with the way the leg loops are constructed, as if used to the standard sewn things these can appear odd.
The Choucas Light is my favourite "reduced to the max" harness. I use it the whole year when I`m guiding. Of course, for rock climbing I prefer the Addax.